JOB TITLE: Assistant Controller
LOCATION: New York, NY
- This position reports into the SVP, Finance. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of seven years of experience in a similar role, ideally in the communications/marketing environment. Will manage day-to-day aspects that will assist management in oversight of project budgets, billing, and profitability. Must be highly skilled in QuickBooks, Excel and decidedly beneficial to have experience with OpenAir.
- BMF offers strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with production and marketing teams to ensure client budgets are correct, stay on track, and fully closed and deliver profit; manage all aspects of month-end closings.
- Enforce internal financial controls.
- Assist SVP with departmental needs.
- Produce and oversee company-based forecasts and budgets.
- Assure compliance for federal and state regulations.
- Serve as liaison with clients for outstanding bills.
- Work directly with outside accounting firm.
- Produce weekly update reports on all projects.
- Conduct weekly meetings with department leads; analyze status and communicate status to SVP.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and finance capacity, ideally in the communications/marketing industry.
- Under the umbrella of financial management, knowledge of billing, pass-throughs, billability, profitability, and margin based project profit.
- Technical proficiency including depth knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel and ideally project /resource management software.
- Interest in and background with teaching best practices to non-financial staff.
- Adept at changing priorities and working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ethical conduct.
- BS in accounting/finance.