JOB TITLE: Art Director
LOCATION: New York
- We are looking for an experiential art director with three to five years of event design experience who will be responsible for bringing event concepts to life through all phases of a project from conception to completion.
- The ideal candidate has experience working with high profile, innovative companies. A background in scenic/interior design or other spatial design fields is helpful but not necessary. Must have strong graphics design skills; experience working with third party vendors and be a task-master who follows through on every details.
SPECFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualize event ideas through participation in brainstorms and on own.
- Develop compelling visual including mood boards and renderings for clients presentations from creation, and then once sold-in, to final event graphics.
- Create floor plans.
- Oversee production of graphic deliverables.
- Generate technical drawings and guide fabricators.
- Responsible for working directly with fabricators throughout the entire process including oversight of final installation of design components at events.
- Adhere to and oversight of budget
- Working closely with creative director as well as account management and production teams to ensure clients’ business objectives are met while upholding the highest design standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLLS, ABILITIES AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Three to five years of experience working in experiential event design.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other 3D program, Microsoft Office.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills.
- Solid knowledge of print production.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Adept at working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eye for kitsch to high end.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization.
- Comfortable working in fluid environments.