POSITION: Director of Events
LOCATION: New York, NY
- BMF is looking for a senior, experienced producer possibly considering a different career path from pure production. This role is a hybrid — combining departmental management (40%), production (30%), and serving as the production voice during the RFP process (30%).
- The ideal candidate has in-depth experience strategizing and producing a wide range of events; supervised and mentored mid-level and junior staff; and is excellent at working with marketing and creative teams to ensure logistical and budget feasibility. Must have a keen eye for detail, time management, team coordination, problem-solving abilities, and budgeting.
- This is a new position and presents the opportunity for someone to help craft it and make it their own.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven track record working in the experiential events space; experience with $500K+ budgets
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in a fast-paced environment (preferable agency setting) functioning as the lead producer/project manager
- Exceptional budgeting skills
- Extraordinary organizational and management skills, strong ability to multi-task
- Deep knowledge cutting-edge venues, vendors and tastemakers
- Ability to develop and communicate experiential creative concepts and ideas
- Background in managing teams
- Strong mentoring capabilities
- Experience in staff planning against projects in the pipeline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- BA degree
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Departmental Management
- Provide production expertise and leadership – guide internal teams to anticipate and meet client goals/objectives, and foster organic growth
- Contribute in day-to-day management of internal and freelance producers, ensure projects are on track and reconciled in a timely manor
- Provide departmental administrative support including signing off on invoices, reviewing contracts, ensuring credit cards are reconciled, and budgets are closed
- Assist in production staff planning for both long-term and freelance for all offices
- Support overall budgeting process to ensure profitability
- Manage all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown.
- Able to oversee/execute multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously.
- Create and manage complex event budgets, from concept to reconciliation to ensure profitability.
- Conduct venue scouting and selection.
- Work with Creative and Marketing teams to ensure client’s vision is being met.
- Serve as production lead with all vendors including venue, catering, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer and staffing.
- Work with talent and social department in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed.
- Work in tandem with BMF account lead to manage and handle client communications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including budget, activation deck, recap deck, run of show, work back schedule, contact list.
- Pre-Contract Production Support
- Contribute to the development of creative pitches/proposals ensuring budget and executional feasibility. When necessary, work hand in hand with creative strategist to develop alternative concepts to fit within project confines.
- Responsible for pricing out creative concepts, and creating production budgets included in proposals.
- Provide pre-contract departmental support including vendors; and participating in client pitch meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of new, unique venues and cutting-edge vendors
- Attends weekly brainstorms and RFP meetings.