POSITION: Operations Manager
LOCATION: New York, NY
- We are on a quest for a smart and strategic individual to join our event production team in an operations/finance role . The ideal candidate needs to be fiery for the details, fervent in helping to drive results, and focused on improving processes. Background must include operations and finance and ideally knowledge of the events/production function within the marketing arena. Must be able to sort through information and determine the best course of action. This role will report to the VP of Production and the COO
- BMF offers strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off. We have a great office (with a roof deck) located in the heart of the Flat Iron. Our goal is to hire people who are great at what they do as well as mesh with the fun, collaborative, and talented people who work here.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison with vendors; analyzing and negotiating to maximize relationship standards; seek new and beneficial opportunities
- Work with internal operations group to ensure invoice function is fully supported throughout agency workflow and within internal project/resource management system.
- Manage all aspects of freelancer engagement, including recruitment and staffing.
- Conduct weekly update meetings; communicate status and determine next steps.
- Produce weekly update reports on all projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least one year of experience in operations/finance, preferably handling vendor invoices and processes and reconciliation of credit card bills.
- Knowledge of managing budgets and meeting profitability.
- Know-how in supporting production function in overall workflow process
- Familiarity with project/resource management systems beneficial, however, not necessary.
- Understanding of staffing in the events space as well as managing resources across multiple projects at one time.
- Adept at changing priorities and working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.