JOB TITLE: Senior Event Manager
LOCATION: New York City + Los Angeles
- BMF Media, a leading experiential events agency, based in New York and with offices in Miami, Los Angeles, and Austin is looking for experienced and passionate senior event managers. BMF prides itself on hiring people who are not only smart and work-hard but also those who are flexible and problem-solvers – in short, people who fit our culture.
- The production department has a robust team capturing all levels of expertise. It offers the capacity to manage small groups as well as learn and grow from more senior professionals. The company and department are large enough – and are continuously growing – so that there is a wide range of accounts to work on. It is also still small enough that you have a voice and a place at the table.
- Senior event managers are responsible for implementing and overseeing events and multi-faceted projects, which can include product launches; multi-city tours; and live, corporate and sponsored events for clients that include Marriott International, Café Bustelo, Revlon, Dell, and Mastercard.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown.
- Able to oversee/execute multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously.
- Create and manage complex event budgets, from concept to reconciliation to ensure profitability.
- Conduct venue scouting and selection.
- Work with Creative and Marketing teams to ensure client’s vision is being met.
- Serve as production lead with all vendors including venue, catering, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer and staffing.
- Work with talent and social department in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed.
- Work in tandem with BMF account lead to manage and handle client communications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including budget, activation deck, recap deck, run of show, work back schedule, contact list.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 4 – 5 years proven track record in similar roles, managing budgets up to $300K.
- Comfortable managing small teams.
- Robust vendor network and knowledge base
- Strong budget experience.
- Organized, self-starter and team player.
- Proficient in Excel and Keynote.
- Willing to work weekend and holidays.
- Bachelors degree required.